This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox

Firefox 2
Google

Notice:

I will be away for the holidays for the rest of the week, so I won't have the chance to update my site. The news reel on the sidebar, however, is automatically updated real-time. CTRL-F5 to clear cache and show updated news.

I will be back on Monday next week.

Please keep supporting Twisted Hoops

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Industrialist named new PBL chairman

People's Journal
October 17, 2007

Dr. Cecilio Pedro, an industrialist acknowledged for his marketing savvy and love for sports, was voted PBL chairman by acclamation during the Board of Governors’ meeting yesterday at Shangri-La Hotel in Pasig.

Pedro, president of Lamoiyan Corporation –maker of the popular Hapee Toothpaste brand – succeeded Toyota Balintawak’s Gil Angeles, who completed his one-year term of office.

“I’m happy with the trust and confidence of my fellow team owners and their representatives for choosing me as the season’s chairman. I’ll do everything to help sustain the gains achieved by past chairmen of the league,” said Pedro. “This is a great honor and a challenge for me.”

Dr. Mikee Romero, owner of Harbour Centre, was then named as vice chairman, while Ding Camua of new team Pharex was designated as treasurer.

The Lamoiyan franchise has been in the league since 1996 but it was only this time that Pedro accepted the job, a decision greeted by thunderous applause and great hope by members of the board knowing Pedro’s stature in the business community.

“I’m very happy that Dr. Pedro finally accepted the nomination of the board. With him at helm, I’m very certain the league will reach another milestone,” said Angeles. “He’s a well-respected businessman and a proven winner.”

But no one was more elated with the decision of the 54-year-old Pedro to accept the nomination than Commissioner Chino Trinidad.

Saying they both have the same passion for basketball and love for the league, Trinidad said the involvement of Pedro in the running of the league is very much welcome, knowing he will be bringing with him his “magic” that has made their product more popular than other competing brands.

“With his marketing savvy and leadership, I’m certain the league will grow further and achieve more,” said Trinidad.

This early, Pedro is looking forward for a harmonious relationship with Trinidad, saying: “We have a common denominator because we both love the league. I hope I can help him repackage the league.”

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape